To receive LRAP assistance on any loan, it must be on a 10+ year repayment term.

For any federal loans, your assistance will be calculated after taking into account any Federal income-driven repayment plan for which you qualify (e.g. Pay as Your Earn or Income Based Repayment), as specified in your LRAP Award Letter and Terms & Conditions. That said, you are not required to enroll in such a program. Some graduates will choose to make overpayments on their monthly payment amounts, to pay their loans off sooner with the understanding that LRAP assistance will only be provided on the required portion of that amount. You are welcome to do the same.

You can view your current eligibility for these programs and sign up by visiting the U.S Department of Education website, signing in, and submitting a Repayment Plan Request. If you do not know your Federal Student Aid PIN, you can find it here.